The Art of Contact
- 22.-23. Februar 2020
A fulfilling contact dance can be:
- playful and improvised
- soft and gentle
- wild and acrobatic
- emotional and healing
- tender and intimate
- unknown and present
In this workshop, we will research how to relate in a contact dance fully. Finding moments of connection and keep our free flow in the same time.
Therefore, the basis is in my perception
- being in full resonance with myself: allowing my body, my feelings, my capacities, my desires to be, to move, to express, to dance.
- empathic listening to the space and others.
- knowing and letting go the contact impro principles to expand the possibilities of dancing.
What we will do:
- We will practice basic and challenging contact techniques. Solo, Duet, Group settings.
- We will practice kindness and authenticity mainly to ourselves all the time.
- We will explore the Art of Contact, whatever this means to us in each moment.
facilitation: Christian Lechner
date: February 22-23, 2020, from 10-5pm
place: alte werkstatt, Lehnergasse 17, 3423 St.Andrä-Wördern
costs: 140€ for days
conditions: already practising CI and having some questions/ideas/research going on … 😉
language: german/english as needed
registration and more infos: firstname.lastname@example.org
After some years of Capoeira Angola, WingTsun, Yoga and Improvisation Dance, Christian joined 2008 a Contact Jam and felt in love with this artful, acrobatic, soft and gentle, sometimes wild unknown dance and communication form. Since 2015 he is teaching Contact Improvisation and Authentic Movement in Vienna.
Main research: What is an Authentic Dance? How can we find and develop all our qualities in the dance and therefore in life itself? Cooperative, confrontative, connected, real.
Besides of that he teaches Non Violenct or Authentic Communication and lives with his partner Irma and their 2 kids close to Vienna.
Videos mit Maria & Christian
Videos mit Maria+Stefan & Christian+Irma
Kontaktimprovisation+Authentic Movement (ab min 1 wird getanzt)